Sunday, December 02, 2007


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBBIE!!!!!
October 9, 2007 at 2:08 am
Today is my most happiest day as I experienced a miracle of my baby Robbie being brought to me today.
Psalms 139:12-13

October 9,2007
Well things moved rather quickly. Robert Nathaniel Ford II was born at 2:08 am. My OB wanted me to have consistent pattern of contractions. The pitocin was started at 2pm and by 10pm contractions increased and was coming on every 2 to 3 minutes. I was very much ready for the epidural. As soon as it was in, Robert and I said let's catch some zzzz's. I was checked for dilation and I was between 2 to 3 cm. 45 minutes later the nurse came in again and checked and said "ok let's get the dr". We were both half asleep and questioned what she just said. She said "your 10cm dilated"!!!! Things moved quick and before I knew it the baby was delivered and It was actually rather easy delivery. However I have a 3rd degree tear. OUCH!!!!! Robert II weighed 8 lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long. He is beautiful and looks just like his dadddy. As soon as we get home tomorrow we will email a picture. Oh one more thing, My mom who has never been in the delivery room with any of her grandchildren was promoted to video camera person!!! We appreciate all your prayers! Esther
Ok so it's taken awhile to get back to taking the time in writing this but Baby Robert is asleep and I've had a nap today!!!!
Today has been the first good day that we've had that i feel well rested....so here it goes.
Full version of Robbie's birth
On October 8th I had my Non stress test. This is day 4 of being overdue and I had absolutly no idea that the rollercoaster ride would begin. Nurse norma was great. She meausred the amniotic fluid and stated that the fluid had dropped to 5. Only 4 days before this the amniotic fluid was 11. Her concern was that I was 4 days overdue, my age and the miracle of getting pregnant after 4 IVF's...she felt that we didn't need to take the chance and prolong labor. She called the OB on call and she agreed for me to be admitted immediatly!! I was totally expecting to go home first and get last minute things. Oh well, God had different plans as a reminder that He is in control.

I was admitted about 12 noon and started getting the pitocin at 2pm. I felt great and continued to occasionally feel contractions but nothing really unmangeable. My mother had come with me for the NST and stayed with me until my husband could get there. I wasn't sure how to tell him and not sound panicked. But of course I broke down and started crying which made Robert nervous about what was happening. I reassured him and said for him not to rush because it would be many hours until anything happened.

My friends arrived at 6pm and ate dinner with Robert and I asked for them to flat iron my hair!!! No, I'm not vain, I just wanted to pass the time and my hair gets really frizzy and I just didn't want these pics that would be shown to many people to have me with bed head
We were watching the Dallas Buffalo bills game and still felt ok until approximatly 9pm. I remember it was 9 pm because we were switching channels between dancing with the stars and the game. Contractions started increasing and by 10pm they were 2 minutes apart. The intesity kept increasing and my nurse had to go help another patient so I had another nurse that was covering. She offerend Fetanyl and didn't even take the edge off of the pain. I was asking for it every 20 minutes. By 1130 the anesthesiologist was called and put in the epidural. Another nurse took over since now my nurse was involved in the delivery of the other patient. I was so glad as this nurse was obviously experienced and had that natural way of making me feel at ease. I had been checked 1 hour before the epidural and was 90% effaced and only 2 1/2 cm dilated. The new nurse was checking out the strip and decided to check me again. Robert and i had decided to take a nap because we knew it was going to be a long night. Again God is in control.....
The nurse checked me and said "ok, let me call Dr B and ask her to come to your room first since I think your ready to push! We both said "WHAT?"
She said "honey you are dilated 10cm!!!!!" I couldn't believe it.
We called my mom at 130am and said you better come now cause you've been promoted to camera man!!!! She has many grandkids and this would be her first time witnessing a birth of a grandchild. My mom arrived at 1:50.
By the time the doctor arrived i had several intervals of pushing which were actually not what I had pictured this to be. I felt like it was too easy. I was looking around and feeling like this wasn't what I imagined. The doctor was talking to me about decels and had me on oxygen. She was talking about options including an episiotomy and possible vacuum. She said it was too early to do this but would wait to see what happens. The next contraction baby robert was born. He came out side entry with his hand next to his head. This would cause me to have a 3rd degree tear and my doctor worked on me for an hour.
He was a healthy baby and weighed 8 pounds 3 oz and 20 inches.
He was beautiful and everything I had imagined him to be. I had no idea in these 9 months, that this was a boy I was carrying. I wanted God to be in control since this was a miracle for us. I am truly amazed that I have this little guy and that he is the perfect little angel.
I thank all my HP sisters for being there with me through this journey from beginning to end.
Traci, Robin, Cara and suzanne for being those women who have helped me get through 4 IVF's, infertility and pregnancy. I appreciate this season of life that God has brought me to your lives and helped me get through creating and molding my character.
Romans 5:3-4 is my signature because I beleive that infertility is a blessing in my life.
God is Good.

No comments: