The last 2 weeks have been amazing to see Robbie's vocabulary expand. Of course to anyone else it would sound like a bunch of garble. I've made a book for him and have put at least 40 pictures in it along with pictures of family. His new words the last few days have been trash, all done, socks, glasses, yogurt, applesauce, shake or smoothie and just the last week he is telling us when he has gone "poo poo", milk, night nite and all gone. At least it's a start. In the last few days I think he is just telling me that he has farted instead of actually doing the deed. He hardly sits on the pot for more than a few seconds. Oh yeah, that's another word he knows "potty". As I started making the book I was amazed at how many words he actually knew. I had to start thinking of things that we've taught him. Lindsay and Grandma swear that he says "what are you doing". I've yet to hear him say this clearly but of course you all know how deaf I am :-)
Part of turning 2 means getting into a big boy bed. We bought him the twin size bed since he will have a car theme till at least......7 to 8? He loves it and sleeps very well. We are little by little transitioning his whole room into the theme of the disney cars. His bedtime has been getting later and later because well the boy still needs a nap but not as long. Mommy wakes him up after an hour if we are home but lately it seems that I'm letting him sleep in the car so that way he is ready for bed by 830pm. It works on the days that I'm not working.
Robbie also says "cheese" when we take his picture. He also calls a camera "cheese"! He has an adorable smile. He knows how to work the camera. Except of course when we went to Sears and spent more time chasing Robbie then actual picture taking. There's hope for next year of him actually sitting still.
Oh yes and the best thing is when I showed him a picture of the Steelers, Robbie shot up his hands ( like a touchdown) and said something that I supposed resembled Steelers.
He loves to sing and pretend to play the piano. We enjoyed a week off with Daddy and went to Sea World and Wild Animal Park. It was a great bonding time for Robbie and daddy.
He loves to sing and pretend to play the piano. We enjoyed a week off with Daddy and went to Sea World and Wild Animal Park. It was a great bonding time for Robbie and daddy.
I had to update this for one more exciting news that happened today. Daddy called me when I was still at work to tell me that Robbie went pee in the potty tonight!!! Robbie and daddy were giving hi fives and then a few minutes later robbie wanted to sit again but was a bit disappointed when not much came out. Here's to hoping for more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment