Next week is Thanksgiving! wow where does the time fly? now I'm feeling a little pressure here to get a letter in the making, take a family picture and to get ready to decorate....thank goodness we have a living Christmas tree...CHECK!
Did I mention Robbie started potty training on his own? He has only pee pee not number number. He constantly will say "poo poo", make several trips to the bathroom only to sit up and run around his room without a diaper, make another trip back and finally go. He is rewarded with praise and that seems to be enough for now.
Last week we went to San Bernardino to have a garage sale. On the way up there we hit a lot of traffic and stopped at Barnes and Noble. Daddy was taking Robbie walking when he spotted an Elmo book. Daddy was flipping the pages when Robbie spotted Zebra and called it "Zeba", first time he's attempted to say this word. Then they got to the colors portion of the book and when Robbie spotted Oscar the Grouch he said "trash". Too funny.
It was mixed feelings of having this garage sale. We have kept a few of Robbie's big items from when he was a baby. Months ago, I declared to myself that I would give these things up since holding onto them meant that in some ways I was holding onto them for another baby. In the last six months I've totally let go of keeping track of dates of my periods and although like when Robbie was conceived I cant tell when I ovulate. Robert and I are perfectly satisfied with our one precious one that God has given to us. So really whatever happens will happen or not.
Lately when I wash Robbie's hands I'll start singing the "ABC's" he sort of sings along with me and attempts to say a few letters. The other day I drove by the park and there were lots of cars parked. It was the first time Robbie knew where we were and as we drove by he started crying and said something that resembled "park".
The other day Robert was looking at a calender and saw a picture of us last year. He said "who is that baby I'm holding?" Robbie was well lets just say a bit on the chubby side and his hair was way to long. He was the cutest baby to us and that's all that matters :-)
It's great to see Robbie tell us his likes. He occasionally will go to the refrigerator and get yogurt or applesauce. He even will go get us his diapers to change him.
The other day Robert was looking at a calender and saw a picture of us last year. He said "who is that baby I'm holding?" Robbie was well lets just say a bit on the chubby side and his hair was way to long. He was the cutest baby to us and that's all that matters :-)
It's great to see Robbie tell us his likes. He occasionally will go to the refrigerator and get yogurt or applesauce. He even will go get us his diapers to change him.
I just wanted to write these few memory things as a diary to keep track of Robbie's milestones. So if your reading this and it seems a bit scattered, it's really meant for me to jog my memory and not for reading...sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment