Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Gratitude
2 Chronicles 5:13 "as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord"
Give me the gift of a brave and thankful heart. Man proves his greatness by his power to see causes for thankfulness in his life. When life seems hard, and troubles crowd, then very definitely look for causes for thankfulness.
Too often, I compare my life's struggles with that of someone elses'. I generally will get turned off by someone "preaching" at me and telling me "have faith", "trust God" "it was His Will" or all the things people tell you when you tell them your going through something. I have and still do look at them like they don't have a clue because what have they gone through that is "worse" than what I'm going through.
I struggle with this as I know that God is working through and trying to use them possibly and I am rolling my eyes at them and putting up a wall.
I still remember going to small group and Evelyn asking me If I could give thanks for everything, no matter what. It was not only how she said it but again my bitterness and having thoughts of "you have no idea what I've been through lady" to even think about what it meant. A year later I've understood and see how Job's life was exactly what she was talking about.
I guess in a way I felt Christians were telling me that there was a certain way to pray or that I didn't have enough faith or that I wasn't praying for God's Will. People can say the cruelest things when they are only saying things because they don't know what to say when I've gone through IVF 3 times without getting pregnant.
I pray for the ability to let God work in my life through other people and to let God's Word show in my life and not worry about what other people are trying to say unless it is a true reflection of what they truly believe.
Yes, in my Grandmother's case, I'm sure she does believe that she wished she would have taught me how to pray....so that I would pray for "God's Will". Funny, that I know that perhaps in the past, I may have prayed strictly for myself but have found the realness in being thankful in everything. Even when things don't go as planned or as I wanted.
I pray for a clear heart and forgiveness for bitterness and resentment.
Thank you God for giving me grace to live my day for You.

1 comment:

::Traci:: said...

So... I've come to check out the new blog!

Funny, I just emailed you about the very things you speak of in this post!