Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9
When A new highway loop was being complete in West Michigan, a real danger was discovered. The bridges had been designed to bear their own wieght--but not traffic they were intended to carry. Before the highway could be opened, several bridges had to be re-engineered and rebuilt. Engineers have to be especially concerned with the tensile strength of the material in their construction plans for structures that are required to bear large amount of stress due to weight. Tensile strength is the maximum about of stretching a material can withstand before it tears. It related this to the weight of stress and hardship, we wonder whether God who engineered us, has miscalculated our personal "tensile trength". We are certain that we are going to collapse under the weight of the trials, but our designer knows exactly what we can handle by His grace. He knows our limits and will never permit more than we can bear.
Robert and I are having daily devotions each morning. It is amazing how God is working in our lives. It lasts about 5 minutes but I feel that this is the best 5 minutes we have all day.
Last weekend, Amy asked for help to serve in the Saturday service. Robert said he would help. I think it was mostly for my benefit. He helped me pass out bulletins! It was great. I pray that God continues to work through us.
When we read this daily devotion, We both kind of laughed when we read this because this is how we feel about our new hardship with adoption. I don't know what God has planned for us. I wish that He spoke to me loud and clear about what He wants us to do.

No comments: