Here is an email I sent to Amy last night. It is an awesome story of how God spoke to me last night.
Amy, just have to share with you about an exciting way that God has worked in my life today. I just wrote to you about this friend of mine from church. I was coming home and thinking of my friend Sally who was my prayer warrior at work. She is a nurse that resigned last week becuase she is going back to school to get her RN. I will miss her terribly. She has prayed with me and has even been there with me during one of our transfers. She has told me after our third transfer that she has felt the name Adam for us. I didn't know what that meant and still don't. I did share with her afterwards that Adam is my sister's son that was adopted almost 12 years ago. My sister also suffered with secondary infertility. She remarried and tried to get pregnant but after a few years decided to adopt. Almost 9 years later she got pregnant.
So Sally left last week and told me to be strong and be the leader of the people that we work with. There are not too many Christians that we work with and I know that my testimony can only help. I have believed for about a year now that God brought infertility to my life so Robert and I would recommit our lives to Him and also I know that my testimony may have an affect on women both Christian and non Christian.
I have another friend that I work with that has recently heard that she is going into pre menopause or that her ovarian reserve is diminished. She had a consult with my RE(reproductive endocrinologist) and will be starting IVF soon. I ran into her today and she and I spoke for about an hour.
She has been married for about 8 years and has also been trying to get pregnant since 2003 back when Robert and I first started. She has a 2 year old and recently miscarried in January. She knew something was wrong and referred herself to my RE. It's a good thing she did because she did find out that she has elevated FSH(follicle stimulating hormone) levels which is what is dimishing her egg supply. She spoke to me about feeling bad that she wasn't there for me in the last year and a half. I just told her that we each have someone in our lives that help us through this journey. I shared with her a little bit of your story but really want her to get the full affect by listening to you. I was on my way home today when I was thinking of a CD that sally gave me after my third IVF failure in December. The CD was Casting Crowns and Sally told me that the title "in this storm" was really Robert's and Esther's song. I laugh when she says that. Anyways, I was thinking on the way that I should have brought the CD home so I could give it to her. Since I'm leaving next week and she is only there tomorrow, I was thinking oh well, it will have to wait.I got home and checked my mail and received something from a childhood friend name Peggy. She has two kids and although she doesn't know what I'm going through and we don't talk much, I know that God is working through my friends to speak to her. As I was opening up the package, it felt like a CD. I am not kidding that as I was opening this, I felt like what if this was "casting crowns" then I can give it to her? Oh my GOSH!!!! it was Casting crowns. I about burst out crying!!!!! i told Robert who is sitting right next to me and he was just looking at me strangly. I called Peggy right away and she said that she felt a tug at her heart to buy this and mail it to me quickly even though she was crazy with errands. I truly feel like this was God working through us. I can't wait to tell this to her. This is the second time, I really felt God telling me something loudly. The first time was the day that I bought the DVD and seeing that it was you telling the story of your suffering. Do you remember that was the first email, I had sent you that connected me to you.
God is awesome!!!!
Esther
1 comment:
Esther, You've been on my mind a lot of the last week or so and I just wanted you to know that I have been & will contiune to pray for you, sweet friend. I don't recall hearing updates from you recently, and I hope your doing well this Christmas season.
Love, Traci
Post a Comment