Saturday, July 22, 2006

MIRACLE OF THE AGES
John 15:4 "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me". A wonderful future is before you both. A future of unlimited power to bless others. Just be channels. Be used. Ask. Ask. "Ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you," and unto those for whom you pray.
I have known for awhile now that God has given us infertility so that I may be used to display to others that as Christians we also suffer. That only with God can I rise above my own feelings of anger, bitterness, frustration. It is only by God's grace that I live.
Here is a post that I wrote to one of the HP ladies about anxieties about going ahead with IVF. I wanted to remember how I was just before IVF and how different my focus is this time:

I think when we are not in control of our bodies or our life that we become anxious and overall doubtful of how God will take care of us. I think part of this is Satan trying to create doubt, frustration and anything negative for us to turn away from God. It's easier said than done. I have to say that this is the most peaceful I've been with any of my cycles. I was so focused on praying, praying, praying for my needs and wants that there was too much distractions of worries, anxiety, fears that it was clouding my direct connection with God speaking to me.I heard a sermon not to long ago about how to listen to God. It truly was an eye opener. I'm not the best person when it comes to reading my Bible or having a set devotion every morning. I get easily distracted and my mind wanders. Since this sermon, I've beeen better about being someplace where the radio isn't on, cell phone is away from ears distance, and focus on nothing but listening to God. It's actually been great for me having the last six months to reflect on God's image and not thinking about my next cycle which is 3 days away. I know how hard it is to wonder, wonder, wonder about the what if's.
I also wanted to write about something that happened in my life yesterday. Or I should say someone. It's weird how you can go through your everyday life and feel like you are the only one. When in fact there are women out there that either have gone, or are going through the same things. Yesterday, I found out that someone who I have know for the last 4 years had gone through infertility. She shared with me her story and how we actually have the same RE and that we almost had our FET on the same day! It really meant a lot to me that she shared this with me. I feel like we connnected so much about how our paths have gone through similar journeys. I felt an upliftment after speaking with her and it could not have come at a better time than now since my FET is 2 days away.
Since our last failed cycle I have felt God bringing people in my life. Sonia, Nicole, and now this special lady. I also felt that my dear sister in Christ Amy has really helped me know where my service for God is. She has such a unique way to make me feel humble yet strong in my relationship with Christ. Thank you Lord for bringing these women into my life. I pray for Nicole as she just recently found out that her IUI didn't work. I pray for her heart that you give her comfort.
AMEN


No comments: